Terms and Conditions
If you use this website https://skills.direct you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions, "we" and "us" means Skills.Direct, which is a trading name of Cambridge Digital Ltd, whose registered office is St John’s Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS.
Access to the Website and content
- We will try to maintain uninterrupted access to the website and services at all times, but do not guarantee uninterrupted access. The website and services may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- We reserve the right to change or remove any information on the website as we see fit.
- All content is the property of Cambridge Digital Ltd. Use of the site for whatever purpose does not imply ownership of the content for any purpose.
- No parts of the website or learning content may be reproduced without written permission from Cambridge Digital Ltd.
User name and password
- On registering with us, you are issued with a username and password in order to access the restricted areas of the site. The user name and password are personal to you and may not be transferred to another person or entity.
- Your name and password are the means we use to identify you in order to deliver and track your services in discharging our contracted obligations to you. You must take all reasonable precautions to protect your data, and are liable for all activity undertaken on the site using this identifying data.
- If you discover or suspect that your details are being used by a third party to gain access to our website and services, you are requested and required to notify us of this breach immediately and to take all reasonable steps to secure the data by changing your password, for example.
Data submitted by users
- We accept no liability for the storage of data submitted to the website by users or learners. In all cases, it is your responsibility to ensure you have any data stored in an alternative medium and location, so that loss of any data stored on our website does not cause you undue inconvenience.
- If you submit data to the website, you are responsible for ensuring that you have the legal right to do so, and that the data does not breach the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party.
- If you submit data to the website, you are responsible for ensuring it is not lewd, violent, pornographic, defamatory, abusive or illegal.
- You must ensure that any data you upload or otherwise submit to the website is free of viruses, malware or any kind of code that may damage or undermine the website and its systems.
- We reserve the right to remove any material we deem inappropriate.
- You will indemnify us for any damages, claim or loss (including financial loss) suffered by us because of a breach by you of any of these terms and conditions.
- We will comply at all times with General Data Protection Regulations, 2018
- Learners registered with us under any training contract are protected under the terms of the contract, and our duties and protections regarding personal and learning data are set out in the specific contracts under which the training is delivered.
- In the event that you make enquiries of us or submit information to us, we will only use that information for the purpose for which it was submitted. We do not sell or supply any personal data to other organisations or entities for any reason except as part of a contractual arrangement with all parties as defined in an explicit and clear commercial engagement.
- We will retain records of conversations and submissions as part of our email archiving processes, but will not make them available to external parties without permission from the data owner except as required by law enforcement agencies through due process.
- Any data held by us will be done so on servers and storage devices located in the UK, and will not be transferred to or stored in any other geographical or legal area except as part of communications and processes with individuals or entities specifically requesting that we do so.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on the website.
- Skills.Direct and this website is a service wholly owned and operated by Cambridge Digital Ltd.
- Cambridge Digital Ltd is a private limited company incorporated at Companies House in the UK with Company Number 06318914.
- Cambridge Digital Ltd is a registered training provider – UKPRN 10062124
- These terms are governed by and to be construed in accordance with English law.
- Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.